Mohammad Hoshiyeh and Fouad Abed were the first Palestinians killed by Israeli forces this year.

Ramallah, occupied West Bank – The Israeli army killed two Palestinian men during an attack on a village near the town of Jenin in the northern occupied West Bank.

Mohammad Samer Hoshiyeh, 22, and Fouad Mohammad Abed, 25, were shot dead early Monday in Kufr Dan, northwest of Jenin, the Palestinian Health Ministry said.

At least three others were injured in the raid, including one in critical condition, the ministry added.

Clashes and armed clashes erupted late Sunday night with Israeli forces after they entered Kufr Dan to demolish the homes of two Palestinians killed in a shooting at an Israeli military checkpoint in Jenin that led to the death of an Israeli soldier, Bar Falah , several months ago.

Ahmad Ayman Abed and Abdulrahman Hani Abed were shot dead on September 14 at the Jalameh checkpoint, the main gateway between the northern occupied West Bank and Israel.

Israeli forces said in a statement on Sunday evening that they were operating in Kufr Dan to demolish the two men’s homes, but did not comment on Monday’s killings.

Videos shared by local media showed one of the houses being blown up with explosives.

[Translation: The moment the home of one of the perpetrators of the Jalameh operation, Ahmed Abed, was blown up in Kufr Dan, Jenin]

Similar images similarly showed the demolition of a second home.

Such home demolitions are considered “collective punishment” by Palestinians and human rights groups.

The large-scale Israeli military raid, involving special forces, began on Sunday evening and lasted until Monday morning.

The two men shot dead Monday are the first Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank this year, as a result of an ongoing Israeli military campaign. intensification of raids and killings for nearly a year.

The United Nations has declared 2022 the deadliest year for Palestinians in the West Bank in 16 years.

Israeli forces killed at least 171 Palestinians in the West Bank and occupied East Jerusalem in 2022, including more than 30 children. At least 9,000 others were injured.

Civilians who confronted the Israeli army in raids and uninvolved bystanders have been killed, as have Palestinian fighters in targeted killings and armed clashes.

After a series of individual attacks in Israel that began in March and led to the killing of Israelis, the military launched a campaign dubbed “Break the Wave” that included near-daily raids, mass arrests and killings in the West Bank, with a focus on Jenin and Nablus, where Palestinian armed resistance has become more organized last year.





Source link

By wy9m6

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *