Let’s not mince words: titan fall 2 (opens in new tab) has one of the best single player shooter campaigns of all time. And now you can pick it up for just $3 – that’s right, a modest three bucks – up Steam (opens in new tab).
There really isn’t much to say about Titanfall 2 that hasn’t already been said. A boy and his robot chewing gum and kicking in the ass is a vaguely dystopian distant future – but oops, they’re all out of gum. It’s not the most unique video game lineup of all time, and honestly my expectations were a bit low. But even if they had been sky-high, Titanfall 2 would have easily surpassed them.
How good is it? Very well:
- “A brilliant single-player campaign combined with inventive, skill-intensive multiplayer that harkens back to old FPS classics.” pc gamer, 91% rating (opens in new tab)
- Titanfall 2’s”Effect and cause (opens in new tab)level is one of the best uses of time travel in video games and a legitimately great moment in PC gaming
- One of the best knives (opens in new tab) in the history of PC gaming
- Multiplayer: Saved! (opens in new tab)
- Number of players (opens in new tab) stays firm. (Remember, this is a seven-year-old game.)
So having established that it’s in fact that good, there’s really no excuse not to pick it up here and now if you have the slightest interest in shooters. It’s three dollars. That is literally cheaper than a Big Mac. And for those who keep track of such things, IsThereAnyDeal (opens in new tab) also indicates that it is the cheapest Titanfall 2 ever released on Steam. Seriously, just get it. It’s on sale until February 2.