You are familiar with Call of Duty: War zone 2 perk packs if you have played Modern Warfare 2. These are essentially a set of four predefined perks, two of which are active at the start of a match and two that activate at a specific time during a given game. Choosing the right one is vital when planning your best Warzone 2 gear (opens in new tab).
It is currently not possible to select custom perks in Warzone 2, although this is for you can do in Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer, so it’s not likely to come to battle royale in the future. In the meantime, I’ve listed the Warzone 2 perks below, what they do, and the predefined perk packs available.
All the benefits of Warzone 2
There are 17 perks to choose from in Warzone 2 and they are divided into three categories. Basic perks are active from the start of the match, bonus perks activate after four minutes, and ultimate perks come online after eight minutes.
In Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer, this time can be reduced by increasing your score, but it’s unclear if a similar mechanic is present in Warzone 2.
Here are the benefits of Warzone 2, broken down by category:
- Double time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase Crouch’s movement speed by 30%.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Service: Take less damage from non-Killstreak explosives. Reset fuze timers when picking up live grenades.
- scavenger: Stock up on ammunition and an extra plate of dead players.
- strong arm: Throw equipment further and preview the job.
- Follower: Enemies leave footprints and enemy death markers are visible. Kill markers are hidden from the enemy team.
- Hardened Battle: Reduce the effect of enemy flash, stun, EMP, gas grenades and shock sticks. Immune to Snapshot grenades.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
- Supply: Start with an extra Lethal. Charge equipment for more than 30 seconds.
- Fast Hands: Reload, equip and switch weapons faster.
- spotter: Search enemy equipment, field upgrades and Killstreaks through walls. Pointing sights down will highlight them for the team. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4 and Trophy Systems.
- Focus: Reduce flinching when targeting sights and increase breath hold time.
- cold-blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting systems and thermal optics. Does not activate a High Alert alert. Does not mark in enemy tactical cameras, recon drones, and recon scopes.
- Big alarm: Vision pulses when spotted by an enemy player out of sight.
- Spirit: Undetectable by UAVs, portable radars and heart rate sensors.
- overclocking: Field upgrades are chargeable and you can save extra costs. The charging percentage has decreased by 20%.
- Survivor: Enemies that take you down are automatically pinged. Get revitalized faster by allies.
- bird’s eye view: UAV and radar pings reveal the enemy’s direction.
Warzone 2 Value Packs
There are eight benefits packages to choose from that offer different combinations of the benefits listed above. The first two are basic perks available from the start of the match, and then the last two become active after four and eight minutes respectively. You cannot currently edit perk packs in Warzone 2
Here are the eight Warzone 2 Perk Packs:
- Forefront: Double Time, Bomb Squad, Supply, High Alert
- Command: Scavenger, Strong Arm, Fast Hands, High Alert
- Ghost: Double time, tracker, spotter, ghost
- Explorer: Scavenger, strong arm, focus, mind
- sentinel: Battle Hardened, Bomb Squad, Cold-Blooded, Overclock
- director: Double time, strong arm, fast hands, overclocking
- Weapons specialist: Overkill, Strong Arm, Spotter, Survivor
- reconnaissance: Double time, tracker, focus, bird’s eye view